In the face of the economic challenges in the country today, Makes & Partners remains resilient with a strong and successful legal practice as proven by some of our most recent transactional highlights:
- Makes & Partners alone was responsible for one-third of the Capital Markets deals registered in the Indonesia Stock Exchange in 2012. This excellent Capital Markets practice is responsible for the Firm’s international reputation as the “powerhouse of capital markets” and a leader in the Indonesian legal landscape.
- Makes & Partners acted as Indonesian legal counsel for the sellers in the offer and sale of the shares in a retail giant in Indonesia with a deal value US$1.3 Billion.
- On the Mergers & Acquisitions side, the Firm was involved in a $7 billion dollar acquisition of an Indonesian bank which to date, is the largest acquisition of an Indonesian company.
- Makes & Partners also acted as counsel for one of the largest Indonesian companies in its joint venture with a Japanese insurance giant.
- Our Firm also acted as counsel in the internal restructuring of a well-known multi-national beer company and of its subsidiaries in Indonesia.
- Makes & Partners acted as counsel for trustee of an Indonesian Real Estate Investment Trust in a transaction that involved the acquisition of six Indonesian shopping malls.
- Our Firm was counsel for Borrower in a loan transaction with a prominent international bank in a US$800 million transaction.